Hypnobirthing in Loughborough
Hi, I’m Fernanda Salfity and I teach the Mindful Mamma class in Loughborough, Leicestershire.
I am a mother of three girls, a birth doula and a breastfeeding counsellor. Originally from Argentina, I have lived in the UK for the last fifteen years. My training background is in science with a PhD in Medical Physics.
Pregnancy and birth are amazing and intense times in life. My passion for supporting women during this special period began when I had my own children. My first baby was born a bit prematurely, in hospital. Later, during my second pregnancy I discovered hypnobirthing. As a consequence, with my second and third babies I had beautiful home water hypnobirths.
Over the last few years, I have supported several friends in their pregnancies and births. In addition to these experiences, my enthusiastic interest in mindfulness meant that becoming a Mindful Mamma practitioner was a natural next step for me to take. Furthermore, a few months later I trained as a birth doula.
The Mindful Mamma class will equip you and your birth partner with crucial tools for you to practice before the birth. As a result, no matter how the birth unfolds, by being in the moment, feeling in control and able to make informed choices, you will emerge empowered and confident to start or continue on your parenting path. It will be an honor for me to be a part of your journey.
In the Mindful Mamma class you will learn:
- hypnosis and mindfulness techniques that accompany the best-selling book Mindful Hypnobirthing
- how your partner can support you using hypnosis and mindfulness
- to feel confident and look forward to your baby’s birth
- how to ask the right questions and be in control of your choices and why that’s important
- accelerated conditioning techniques so your body reacts and relaxes quickly to labour (accompanied by 9 mp3 tracks of unique rapid conditioning)
- how to do a fear release with a qualified practitioner
- which techniques work best and why during each contraction
- why transition throws so many women off track and how you and your partner can handle it
- the opportunity to reflect, discuss, share questions with a practitioner
After the class you will get:
- ongoing support from a Mindful Mamma practitioner
- exclusive access to our Mindful Mamma online class resource area
- a discount code for purchase for any of our additional mp3 albums
- a monthly newsletter with news, video, offers and events
“Experience of the phenomenal capacity of our birthing body can give us an enduring sense of our own power as women. Birth is the beginning of life; the beginning of mothering, and of fathering. We all deserve a good beginning.” Sarah J. Buckley
“The labour didn’t really go to plan, it was 36 hours long and ended in an emergency caesarean but the hypnobirthing worked amazingly well! I managed 34 hours using the techniques you taught us and a little gas and air. One of the midwives who looked after us had recently done a dissertation on hypnobirthing and commented on what a great example of it working we were. So thank you very much for being a great teacher, it all really helped during the labour. I will definitely be recommending Mindful Mamma’s to any pregnant friends :)” Vicky and Paul
“As a family we cannot thank Fernanda enough for all her help and support, we now highly recommend hypnobirthing and having a Doula to anyone we know expecting a baby!” Katie and Nathan (you can read their full birth story here.)
Cost: £130 per couple. A non-refundable deposit of £30 is required upon booking.
Venue: Lovely yoga studio in The Lotus Room, Loughborough, Leicestershire
I also teach private one to one classes, please see below for more details.
More coming soon, please get in touch if you want to find out about future dates.
Private One to One Classes
I also teach private, tailored, one to one classes. These can be adapted to suit your particular needs and can be done as a one day class or in two three-hour blocks on different days. Please get in touch if you are interested in this option.
Local Birth and Parenting Links
Chandra Yoga – http://www.chandrayoga.co.uk/
Birth and Pregnancy Photography – http://lumiere-photography.co.uk/birth-photography-leicester/
La Leche League – breastfeeding support – https://www.laleche.org.uk/find-lll-support-group/
Charnwood Bras – breastfeeding support – http://www.charnwoodbras.co.uk/
Birth Story Recommendations
Good birth stories – https://tellmeagoodbirthstory.com/category/good-birth-stories
Homebirth stories – http://www.homebirth.org.uk/
077 4856 8694