Date(s) - 13/11/2019
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Portsmouth Grammar School Nursery
Categories No Categories
Please Note: This is a six hour course spread over three sessions: Wed 13th Nov; Wed 20th Nov; Wed 27th Nov Each session runs 7pm and 9pm
This Mindful Mamma Hypnobirthing Class in Portsmouth is the perfect way for you to prepare for a calm and confident birth. In this six hour course you’ll learn simple but effective mindfulness and hypnotherapy techniques to help you to work with your body during labour to experience birth in a positive way. Birth partners too will learn how they can help in practical and emotional ways during labour as well as how they can help you to use mindful and hypnobirthing techniques to greatest effect. The class is run by Avril Waters, a qualified and experienced antenatal and hypnobirthing practitioner in Portsmouth
This course takes place accross three consecutive Wednesday evenings (13th, 20th, 27th ) in November 7pm – 9pm
Price £150 per couple (including non-refundable £35 booking deposit)
The class will be held in The Nursery of Portsmouth Grammar School in Old Portsmouth PO1 2LN (access information will be sent close to the start of the course) Free off-road parking available on site during the course.
During the course we shall cover:
- The psychology of birth and how your mind and body are interlinked during birth
- Why a birth partner can make a huge difference to how you experience labour and key ways he or she can offer effective support both practically and emotionally.
- Hypnosis and Mindfulness techniques which enhance and expand what you have read in Sophie Fletcher’s bestselling Mindful Hypnobirthing book
- A range of hypnotic and practical techniques to help you at specific moments during labour.
- How to feel confident about making the birth choices which feel right for you, including having productive discussions with medical professionals caring for you.
- How to feel calm and positive about labour and birth
Classes are very informal and relaxed. We also keep them small with 3-5 couples per course which helps confidence and allows the time to ask any questions you may wish to discuss.You are welcome to book for just yourself or to bring your parter (or birth partner) with you for no extra cost.
Packages and how to pay:
- Small Group Hypnobirthing Courses (three evenings ) take place at The Nursery in Portsmouth Grammar School, Old Portsmouth. Course fees are £150.00 per couple MP3s, all course materials and hot and cold drinks and bisuits provided.
- One-Day Individual Hypnobirthing classes are available in the comfort of your own home. Fees for individual classes are £250.00 per couple, which enables complete flexibility and confidentiality. Travel costs apply outside Portsmouth city postcodes.
To secure your place on this course, scroll down and book through the Mindful Mamma website today. You will be asked to pay a non-refundable deposit of £35.00.
Once your booking is complete you will be sent some MP3 links to hypnobirthing tracks so you can get started
. The remaining balance of £115.00 must be paid by 14 days prior to class, via BACS transfer. After this time partial refunds are possible only in exceptional circumstances as venue hire and other administrative costs will have been incurred.
Upon booking, you will be sent:
- Some Mindful Hypnobirthing MP3 tracks so you can start benefitting from relaxing hypnosis straight away
After the class you will receive:
- Exclusive online access to Mindful Mamma resources, including more MP3 tracks to reinforce and extend your practise
- Follow up emails that provide extra resources and birth affirmations
Bookings are closed for this class. Please contact us to see if there is another class for you.