Hi! My name is Jade, I am wife to Tyson and Mumma to three beautiful kids (Eddy, Lexi & Link) and two fur babies (Tilly & Freckles). I am also a Birth Doula supporting women and their birth partners in beautiful Fernie, British Columbia, Canada.
I came to birth work and hypnobirthing following my own birthing experiences. After educating myself and preparing for the birth of each of our children, I developed a deep respect and faith in every women’s innate wisdom, power and ability to birth their babies. I also realized during this time that many women and their partners had a great fear of birth due to such things as society and the media’s portrayal of birth, childhood conditioning, previous trauma and a complete removal of birth from the home to the hospital. I believe it is this fear that restricts women from having the birthing experience they deeply hope for.
Mindful Hypnobirthing is about helping you to acknowledge and change your mindset and your partners mindset to remove fear from your pregnancy and birth. In the course you will learn how your thoughts, and your birth partners thoughts and actions, can affect your body during pregnancy and labour. It provides you with easy to use self-hypnosis tools and mindfulness techniques to remain relaxed, calm and powerful. With the right amount of mindfulness and preparation, birth can be transformational and empowering.
If you would like to learn more about me you can head over to Mother Nurture Doulas and read my bio. http://www.mothernurturedoulas.com/
The Mindful Hypnobirthing course is 6 hours in length. This can be delivered in a one day session or via 2 x 3hr sessions depending on your availability and preference.
This course covers:
- Birth hormones and the brain
- Mindfulness and hypnosis tools and techniques to relax and let go of fear
- Understanding pain and the impact of your thinking about pain on experience
- Exploring how our beliefs matter and how they can affect decision making
- Creating a positive birthing environment
- Learning about the role of the birth partner and how to be a compassionate birth partner
Please note: The Mindful Hypnobirthing course should be taken in addition to a prenatal course. It does not cover all the information you will find in a prenatal course. It is also highly recommended that if you have a birth partner that they also attend the course with you.
- Private, 1-2-1 in person in your home or via Zoom CAD $300
- Group sessions for up to 4 couples delivered via Zoom (due to Covid restrictions) CAD $170 per couple
- $50 deposit required at time of booking with remaining balance due the day before scheduled course start
- Included in the cost is a copy of the Mindful Hypnobirthing book by Sophie Fletcher and access to downloadable MP3s and birth affirmations.
T: 250 430 7856 E: email@example.com W: www.mothernurturedoulas.com