The Mindful Hypnobirthing Approach when your ‘ baby is overdue’
- Trust your body, if there is no medical indication for induction really weigh up the risks and benefits.
- Do your research, check out the resources below both anecdotal and research based.
- If you have a to do list. Finish it!
- Take time to listen to your hypnobirthing mp3s every day.
- Take a day trip with your partner or family, somewhere in nature, or somewhere you feel connected and happy. Get away from it all for 12 hours.
- Explore reflexology, acupuncture or other complementary approaches, or even book yourself into a spa for the day. But importantly just relax and let go, baby will arrive when they are ready.
- Remember you have choice.
It may be more appropriate for you to do a private course with a practitioner who is trained to prepare you in this way. We have a well-researched framework that integrates, hypnosis, mindfulness and birth planning. Your practitioner will be trained to work within this framework, to create a tailor-made approach for you. This is a reflective approach so your practitioner will also explore your feelings around the birth and work with any fear, concerns or unresolved feelings either you or your partner may have.
how to book
- visit our find your nearest practitioner
- Enter your location
- select the category ‘Gentle Induction and Gentle Caesarean Practitioner’
- visit the practitioners’ profile(s)
- contact them to arrange times, dates and fees
Research and Reading
Familiarise yourself with the NICE guidelines on Induction
A research based article by Henci Goer on induction
Read this story in The Guardian about 10 month pregnancies.
Mindful Hypnobirthing Affirmations
You can say these affirmations everyday to build your trust in your body and to prepare your unconscious for birth
- I trust my baby will come when he/she/they are ready
- I relax and enjoys the last few hours and days of pregnancy
- As I relax my body softens preparing me for labour
- As my body softens my cervix begins to thin and dilate comfortably
- I relax my jaw and hands, my pelvis relaxes, I sink into my body
- I confidently trust my body and my baby, they know what to do
- I let go of my anxiety as I turn my mind happily to the birth
- As I left go my body softens more, I release oxytocin
- As oxytocin rises my contractions begin gently, softening and dilating my cervix
- I am ready to meet my baby