Not all Hypnobirthing Classes are the same!
The Mindful Hypnobirthing Class is different. There is a subtle difference between the use of mindfulness and hypnosis which is applied to the course. It’s not just about relaxation (although it is very relaxing!). It’s putting the hypno, back into hypnobirthing so you really get the best tools underpinned by the latest evidence.
My name is Sophie Fletcher, I’ve written a best selling hypnobirthing book and trained hundreds of hypnobirthing teachers. I am passionate about using hypnosis and mindfulness tools for birth. As a doula I’ve had the privilege of being at births and seeing what works and (what doesn’t). The tools in this class and in the online course are very carefully designed to be easy to learn but with maximum impact!
Have a look at what the Mindful Mamma teachers and I offer and if you have any questions just drop us a line.
Award Winning Hypnobirthing Class
Hypnosis and mindfulness is fantastic birth preparation, but it’s also brilliant for the early days after your baby is born, and much more! A hypnobirthing class is now seen as really great addition to your antenatal preparation.
Hypnobirthing can reduce fear and reduce the risk of intervention. Hypnosis tools are extremely effective at reducing pain, and increasing confidence and emotional well-being. There is also evidence to show that these types of mindset tools can help you make better decisions about any medical care you receive.
If birth takes an unexpected direction tailor-made hypnosis tools and gentle visualisations and psychology tools can help guide you to a positive experience.
Whatever birth you have you can use these tools to feel positive, empowered and connected to your baby.
All Mindful Mamma teachers are trained in Mindful Hypnobirthing, but many have also done additional training in how to apply these tools to an induction, caesarean birth and the early days.
They are also supported and mentored by Sophie Fletcher, so whatever your need your teacher will be able to offer some tailored support.
Click on the headings below to read about all the different classes.
The Mindful Mamma Hypnobirthing Class
You can also choose to do this class as an online digital pack £55 – CLICK HERE to find out more
This award winning hypnobirthing class began in 2008! From it came the bestselling book Mindful Hypnobirthing and a wonderful group of teachers who are passionate about supporting you to have a positive birth. Our teachers have had a range of experiences themselves and know the power of these tools to help in any situation. The material is regularly updated based on the latest tools and research.
This is no ordinary hypnobirthing class, it’s about your mindset and your partners mindset. We focus our teaching on how your thoughts, and your partners thoughts and actions, can affect your body during pregnancy and labour. By including practical hypnobirthing and mindfulness techniques as well as enhanced understanding of the psychology of birth we teach you as a couple what you need to know if you want to feel really prepared for your baby’s birth.
We keep couples in mind when we teach. Everyone in the room has an important role to play. The techniques you learn will have you working together as a team, able to be calm, stay focused or to ask the questions you need to with a deep-seated confidence. When all of this in place, baby can be born into a gentle, loving environment, with both parents (or a birth partner) connected in the experience through the preparation they have done.
Learn how you can birth your way with hypnobirthing
Do you want to be in control, have the techniques to help you? Do you need your partner to understand their role during the birth and how they can support you using hypnosis and mindfulness? If so then this is the hypnobirthing class for you.
As experienced professionals we are able to offer you a personal and individualised approach, even within a group setting. Hypnosis and mindfulness are not just relaxation techniques, when you are taught in a class like ours you will really understand the difference.
We work in close contact with Independent Midwives, the National Childbirth Trust and other therapists, including acupuncturists, reflexologists, doulas, and aromatherapists to help you achieve the birth you want.
We go much further than the physiological aspects included in other antenatal classes, and we focus on how you can increase your chances of having the birth you want using specific hypnosis and mindfulness techniques that Sophie Fletcher has crafted over 15 years of experience as a hypnotherapist and doula.
So what are the benefits of the Mindful Mamma mindful hypnobirthing class?
- Feeling calm, confident and positive about your birth
- Be able to manage any pain or discomfort with powerful tools
- You will be able to address and release any fears you may have of birthing and parenting
- Your birthing partner will understand just how important their role is and rather than feeling helpless know what they can do to help
- How to stay in your birthing zone, feeling focused
- You’ll be able to make your environment instinctively comfortable, wherever you birth, using hypnosis, and NLP techniques
- How to build a great relationship with your midwife
- Be prepared for whichever direction your birth takes
Our team of hypnobirthing practitioners are experienced in the use of hypnosis and believe less is more, teaching you simple but very effective techniques that will keep you in your birthing zone without even having to think about it.
Our antenatal classes are very informal and relaxed. We also keep them small which allows for people to ask questions and feel comfortable. Over 90%* of mums who have taken this class* say that the techniques helped them with their birth.
On this hypnobirthing class You will learn:
- hypnosis and mindfulness techniques that accompany the best selling book Mindful Hypnobirthing
- how your partner can support you using hypnosis and mindfulness (click here to read more…)
- to feel confident and look forward to your baby’s birth
- how to ask the right questions and be in control of your choices and why that’s important
- accelerated conditioning techniques so your body reacts and relaxes quickly to labour (accompanied by over 20 mp3 tracks)
- how to do a fear release with a qualified practitioner
- which techniques work best and why during each contraction
- why transition throws so many women off track and how you and your partner can handle it
- the opportunity to reflect, discuss, share questions with a practitioner
- ongoing support from a Mindful Mamma practitioner
- exclusive access to our Mindful Mamma online class resource area with video and visual support (worth £55)
You will get:
- A class journal
- A set of practice cards (PDF) to make practice easy
- 20+ audio tracks including the contraction wave (very popular!)
- A copy of Mindful Hypnobirthing
- A unique step by step guide to the stage of labour and the tools
- Access to a Facebook Group supported by Sophie Fletcher
- Free access to the online course worth £55 so you can learn at your own pace following the class
How long is the Mindful hypnobirthing class?
This is a 6 hour class (approx). It can be taught over 1 day, but practitioners usually run sessions of 3×2 hours online (currently early 2022). You will also get access to the online course which is full of videos, tracks and visuals to help you really get to grips with hypnobirthing.
The Hypnosis for INduction Class
Induction rates are over 50% in some areas of the UK and US as I write this. There is immense pressure to induce and understanding why this is and how to stay as close to your birth preferences as possible can be the key to a positive birth.
With this short course of just 2 hours you can learn why it’s important to feel that you have come to the decision through your own volition and to be able to understand how to use hypnosis and mindfulness to have really positive experience.
- How to make the right choice for you
- Imagery to help reduce anxiety and increase calm
- Why it’s important to lean into the experience rather than fight it
- Beautiful visualisations to connect you to your body and baby in a positive way
- Affirmations to increase confidence and belief that you can do this
- Ways to increase rest and conserve energy in the early stages
- How to stay in control and informed during the birth
This costs from £60 with a teacher online or face to face.
Hypnosis and Mindfulness for a Caesarean Birth
Also known as a Belly Birth, or a woman centred caesarean. You can have a positive caesarean birth.
Your may want a caesarean, you may not and be feeling upset that your hypnobirthing plans have gone out of the window.
Well, they haven’t! Hypnosis and Mindfulness tools are incredible for caesarean births. The preparation that you put in listening to tracks and taken time out to relax will benefit your baby’s neurological development. We know that reducing stress during pregnancy can have a positive effect on you and your baby.
This preparation can:
- Help prepare you
- Build your connection to your baby and your body
- Calm you if you are anxious
- Help you to make choices that create a personal experience
- Reduce pain
- Aid recovery
Just as in any other hypnobirthing preparation you will get some lovely visualisations, tracks and affirmations to enjoy.
We have a 2 hour course that many teachers are trained in and which you can do online or in person.
It costs from just £60
Hypnobirthing Class for after the birth!
Everyone is so focused on the birth! What about the days and weeks afterwards? There is very little attention on this, and the value of hypnobirthing, and other mindset tools to keep your feet on the ground when everything changes.
In the book Mindful Mamma, The First Year, there are tools and techniques to help you from the moment that your baby is born. These tools work best when they are learned in the last days of pregnancy and alongside the book, many practitioners run a small workshop to help get you onto the strongest footing to weather the ups and downs of a new baby entering your life.
The Early Days Workshop will help you to
- Feel calmer and reduce anxiety
- Learn simple imagery for specific situations such as crying or managing unhelpful visitors!
- Let go of guilt
- Put in place practical support before baby is born
- Build connection with your baby
- Learn the importance of rest v sleep!
I love this Mindful Mamma workshop as it uses a lot of visual handouts and audiotracks which are fabulous at this stage in pregnancy and early parenthood. It’s fun and best of all, it will make things easier after baby is born.
You can contact us to find out which practitioners can offer this online or in person. Alternatively you can buy the book (click here) which is also an audiobook. Perfect for those early days.
Whatever direction your birth takes my practitioners and I have got you. Our focus is on having a positive birth, your best possible birth. Mindset is so important, and in all of our classes you’ll discover just how powerful the connection between your mind and body is. When you learn this it will change the way you think about birth, and change the way you birth.