Hypnobirthing Teacher Training run by Sophie Fletcher – best-selling author and leading Clinical Hypnotherapist.
Mindful Hypnobirthing Teacher Training since 2008
Mindful Hypnobirthing teacher training is open to you. Do you want to be a Mindful Hypnobirthing Teacher and facilitate this absolutely unique hypnobirthing course? Our mindful hypnobirthing teacher training is absolute unique. It’s been written by a hypnotherapist and psychologist and focuses on modern, accessible techniques in a really practical 6 hour framework.
Whether a midwife, hypnotherapist, or a mum who is inspired to reach other women and has hypnobirthed herself, you can do our hypnobirthing teacher training. We have been running training since 2008 and have over 10 years of teaching, 10 years to gather resources, 10 years of feedback to draw upon.
Our Mindful Hypnobirthing teacher training is unlike any other, or so we’ve been told! We have many practitioners coming from other methods, who love the mindfulness aspect as well as the flexibility of the course.
Mindful Hypnobirthing teacher training is based on techniques which are aimed to enable a couple to use the techniques from within, to draw upon her own resources rather than have scripts read to her. They are designed to be simple, effective, accessible, based on behavioural psychology and integrated with mindfulness. How do we do this? You’ll have to train finding out! But many couples who have done it have said it has completely changed their lives, giving them tools for parenting and life in general.
Mindful hypnobirthing teacher training is accredited by the Royal College of Midwives (RCM) which gives you peace of mind that the course has been rigorously assessed.
“This is clearly a very mature course and the materials are excellent”
All our Training is led by Sophie Fletcher, author of Mindful Hypnobirthing, Mindful Mamma and co-founder of The Mindful Mamma HypnobirTHing Class.
All our hypnobirthing training is run face to face by me, Sophie Fletcher, author of Mindful Hypnobirthing and Mindful Mamma, and co-founder of the Mindful Hypnobirthing class.
I’ve got 10+ years experience of working with hypnotherapy, mindfulness and birth, and of training midwives, hypnotherapists, doctors, psychologists in the use of hypnosis for birth. Thousands of people have benefitted from this approach. I was awarded a Fellowship for my service to hypnotherapy in 2015.
It’s really important to the couples that you are going to teach, that you are well-trained and training is consistent, so I don’t pass my training off to associates, I do it all myself with Susan, a midwife, who has years of antenatal teaching experience and of using hypnobirthing in a clinical setting.
Quality experiential teaching, and plenty of it! Mindful Hypnobirthing Teacher Training is thorough and well-structured.
I also want to make sure that you get enough hypnobirthing training to get started. Mindful Hypnobirthing practitioner training has a really high train to teach ratio. For every 6 hours of the workshop you will teach, you receive a minimum 3 hours face to face training. In total there are 26 hours of training available. Even better I only take a maximum of 10 per course. This means that there will be one trainer to 5 students – this is great as it allows for discussion, and excellent quality experiential learning.
“I discovered Mindful Mamma after looking after a primip in labour who appeared to be doing hypnobirthing but without any complicated techniques. She coped brilliantly with a long difficult labour and claimed it was due to her Mindful Mamma class. Over the next couple of years I realised I could almost predict who had prepared with Mindful Mamma” Valerie, Midwife
Following training, you get 6 months of mentoring with Sophie Fletcher, so that you can talk through your first classes and get yourself set up.
Next Mindful Hypnobirthing Teacher Training Dates:
2021 and 2022
- 19th – 21st November 2021 (online on zoom) 10am – 4pm GMT
- 29th – 30th January 2022 (online on zoom) 10am – 4pm GMT
- 11th – 12th June 2022 (online on zoom) 10am – 4pm GMT
- 16th – 17th July 2022 (in-person in Grantham, UK) 10am – 4pm GMT
- 17th – 18th September 2022 (online on zoom) 10am – 4pm GMT
- 26th – 27th November 2022 (online on zoom) 10am – 4pm GMT
“The Mindful Mamma training was incredibly thorough and well-thought-out. The whole class on the third day is genius as you have it all there put together, and you can discuss all points along the way. The supporting documents, videos and CP mean that you can always refresh and keep up to date. Everything is at your fingertips.” Nicola Garland, Teacher
fees and commitment
- £950 with 10% discount for those who are talking therapists, midwives, doulas or antenatal teachers
- £500 for existing hypnobirthing teachers.
- Deposit £300
Please note that the course will only run if we have a minimum of five people booked on it, if this isn’t the case you will be contacted and offered a course on an alternative date.
To secure your place for this course you are required to pay a deposit of £300 by BACS transfer, the balance is due a minimum of 6 weeks before the beginning of the class*. If you would prefer to spread payments please get in touch.
All online training will be held live on zoom.
All in-person training will be held at a local venue in Grantham, UK.
Working as a practitioner we expect as far as possible for you to be:
- Actively engaging with birthing and parenting networks in your area to promote Mindful Mamma
- Writing blogs, engaging with social media and online marketing
- Working as part of a team with other practitioners
- Sharing good practice
- Putting class dates up, and updating your web page (if you are using our booking system)
- Payment of the class processing fee for all bookings – both classes and private
- Annual renewal fee** of £75 for a basic listing or £150 for the business package
* Payments made are non-refundable; however, we are happy to transfer your payment to another training date.
**Annual renewal is subject to increases
Still interested in Mindful Hypnobirthing Teacher Training? Here are the Next Steps!
When you know you want to join our group, you can pay a deposit to secure your place. We are more than happy to spread payments if that makes it easier for you.
You can get started on the birth module once you have made full payment, and will receive an mp3 to prepare for your training with. A successful hypnobirthing practice starts with self-belief and confidence!
Part one: We want to you to get started as soon as possible, so we use online teaching platforms to cover the basics in antenatal and the theory and basics in hypnotherapy for birth.
Preparation and laying the foundations.
Online Birth Module: Taught by a Alex Gould (Midwife) and Sophie Fletcher
Over 30 short refresher videos: By Sophie Fletcher
(Both these modules are accessible after your training for refresher work)
Day 1: All non-hypnotherapists (Taught by Sophie Fletcher)
I think it’s so important to spend time understanding the subtleties of hypnosis. This is a day about getting to grips with the practical aspects of hypnosis and understanding the power of hypnotic language patterns. A day is the minimum we think you should spend getting to understand and feel confident using hypnosis. You will learn to feel comfortable and confident using voice, visualization, conditioning, storytelling, suggestion, confidence building and modalities. There is lots of practical experience, interactive discussion and feedback. You will receive a script and tracks before the class to get used to before you come. This day prepares you for the techniques we use in the workshop.
Day 2: Everyone (Taught by Sophie Fletcher)
Start with a body scan mediation. On this day, we look at the philosophy underpinning the class, and explore the difference between mindfulness and hypnosis. Understanding how the two work symbiotically during pregnancy, labour and birth is vital in teaching the class. In the afternoon, we begin to look at the class, structure, framework and the format.
Day 3: Everyone (Taught by Sophie Fletcher and a Midwife)
Day two we continue with the format of the class. We often find that lots of practical questions arise on this day, as you will be raring to go!
Post Course and Ongoing support:
There are a comprehensive set of 30+ videos detailing the course techniques. They are broken down in bite size videos so you can build on the class content and your confidence afterwards. A once a month group mentoring meeting with Sophie for six months after training with your training cohort is on offer, to help you build confidence and connection with your fellow practitioners.
This done by a structured reflection after the day, followed by a structured reflection after your first class. All the people on your first class will be sent a detailed feedback from, so you can help progress and develop your potential.
For the first 6 months, you will get support through group online mentoring meetings once a month with Sophie. You will also get great support through our practitioners group.
We have a once monthly online meeting with all practitioners led by Sophie Fletcher that can support your teaching as well.
Once all of this is completed, you will get your certificate, and you will be a fully fledged Mindful Hypnobirthing Practitioner.
As part of the Mindful Hypnobirthing teacher training and ongoing support, you receive the following:
- Materials for your first 5 classes, a practitioner manual and book (UK practitioners only). Digital copies will be supplied to all practitioners outside the UK.
- Access to an online resource area with additional resources, research and articles
- Your own mindfulmamma/name webpage that you can update and manage independently
- Central bookings support, class processing, and ongoing client support
- easy to use online booking system
- Benefit of online downloads for all your clients
- Clients have an online resource area (handouts are mostly electronic) and beautiful mindful hypnobirthing class handbooks. You get your first five with training. (UK only)
- Access to a practitioner and client Facebook Group
- Use of the bestselling Mindful Hypnobirthing in your teaching (over 40,000 copies sold)
- Monthly online meet up with Sophie Fletcher
- Wide range of materials for online social media use on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
- Mindful Hypnobirthing leaflets
- Once a year reduced-fee CPD day
- Copy of Mindful Hypnobirthing (UK only)
- Use of promotional stand and materials for shows
- Beautiful infographics and hypnobirthing products for your clients
- Presentations for introductory talks to midwives and women