The government’s advice for people that are pregnant is to practice social distancing for 12 weeks.
“The three Royal Colleges, who between them care for and support women and their babies throughout pregnancy, birth and childhood, reiterate that there is currently no new evidence to suggest that pregnant women are at greater risk from coronavirus (COVID-19) than other healthy individuals, or that they can pass the infection to their baby while pregnant. Yesterday’s announcement is purely a precautionary measure, to reduce the theoretical risk to the baby’s growth and a risk of preterm birth should the mother become unwell.”
I understand this will be difficult for some and these are unpredictable and unprecedented times. and have thought long and hard about how the practitioners and I offer support to you in your homes, how we manage classes that have been booked, and also how to offer those of you wishing to do a class an option.
Face to face classes have always been important to me, as hypnotherapy is a therapeutic process. Hypnosis for birth is not just a listening exercise it’s a two-way process of being able to ask questions as they arise and have an experienced and certified practitioner on hand to help craft your preparation and process fear in the best way for you, during the class and going forward. At times of high anxiety and fear such as this I feel this is even more important. To this end, your Mindful Mamma practitioner and I am going to do our best to continue with this ethos online.
- If you have booked a class and want to attend, remember our classes are small often not more than two or three couples. We will be asking practitioners to sign forms saying that they do not have a high temperature, cough or knowingly have been in contact with anyone with Covid-19 within the last 14 days. This will also apply if you have booked a one to one private class.
- If you are not able to attend a private class your practitioner will endeavour to run this live online. This has worked really well so far and we are getting great feedback.
- Some practitioners will be unable to do this due to their home environment or illness in which case I will be running live webinars on the Zoom platform. It’s very easy and works brilliantly. I will post dates for this shortly.
- I will be running live q&a’s as often as possible and posting some free videos on Instagram, Youtube and our private facebook group which anyone is free to join.
- Remember! You can get the book and download the mp3s to run alongside this.
- A selected group of practitioners will be offering a 1-hour technique clinic for £25, you can book that by contacting us directly.
- I’m afraid we are unable to offer deposit refunds, these are non-refundable, but we will give you access to all the mp3s and the member’s area on the back of the website. In the event that you cannot, or do not want to, attend a class, you can also choose to join the webinar class with me.
You may enjoy self-isolating at home, or it may be hard, but it’s always good to find supportive online communities. Please feel free to join our private Facebook group, ask questions and meet all the other families in it. Now I’m at home I’ll be doing lots of online content. Remember that I am also on Instagram at sophiefletcher_author
Click here to find out more about The Positive Birth in A Pandemic Digital Pack – with Sophie Fletcher (author of Mindful Hypnobirthing and Mindful Mamma) and Milli Hill (Author of The POsitive BIrth Book and Give birth Like a Feminist)
The book is available here (remember if you have not used audible before you can get the book free with your first credit)
Sending love and wellbeing to you and your family,